Thread: Informatica mapping transformations

Answers

Informatica mapping transformations

I have 100 records in my source in which 10 records original and 90 records duplicate records. how can we send 10 original records in one target and 90 records in another target? plz give detail information with mapping transformations?

Answers

Re: Informatica mapping transformations

I don't understand why do u need all 90 duplicate records. A better idea can be to add a field in the error target table which shows the count of number of times this record has appeared in the source.

I think u can identify the 10 unique records on the basis of uniqueness criteria of your source table.
    Use a expression, add an additional port called cnt, hardcode the value to number=1. Then add an aggregator, do a group by at the uniquness criteria ports, also add an additional port which will do a sum(cnt) port coming from expression.

Pass the output of this aggregator to both your targets. Of course only 10 records will get inserted into each of the targets but your error table will have the count how many times a record is duplicate in addition.

Regards,
    Barun

Answers

hi , friend
    send me u r problem cclearly

MAHESH

Answers

create two target tables with deferent names

Answers

hai,

group by all ports in rank transformation. it flags the original record as 1 and duplicate record as 2,3 etc. then use router transformation to seperate original record and duplicate record.

if u need more details please contact me.

Answers

hai barun,

if u dont know the answer please be quiet. dont confuse other people.

thank you friend.

Answers

hai friend,

create SD,SQ,SG,RNK,RTR and TD.connect all rows from SD Through SQ to RNK .Then from SG connect the nextval port to RNK.group by all ports including nextval port except rank index port in RNK. then connect all ports to a RTR and then to Two TD.

how this will work.

SQ represents all records from SD and passes to RNK.In RNK nextval port flags the original record as 1 and duplicate records as 2,3,4,etc. then in RTR set new group codition ie nextval = 1 and leave the defaulter group as it is. original record will exist in the new group and duplicate record will exist in defaulter group. then connect original record to one TD and duplicate record to another TD.

SD-Source definition
    SQ-source qualifier transformation
    RNK-Ranker transformation
    RTR-router transformation
    TD-target definiton
    SG-sequence generator transformation

good question. ask these types of problamatic questions.