Thread: How a tester get build from developer

Answers

How a tester get build from developer

Hi,

I am new to the software testing, I just completed my course. I have a doubt regarding how a tester get build from developer? Do the tester need to deploy that code in his system before testing? What is test bed? How to prepare the test bed? Can anybody please give me detailed instructions?

Thanks

Answers

Re: How a tester get build from developer

Quote Originally Posted by siteuse View Post
    Hi,

I am new to the software testing, I just completed my course. I have a doubt regarding how a tester get build from developer? Do the tester need to deploy that code in his system before testing? What is test bed? How to prepare the test bed? Can anybody please give me detailed instructions?

Thanks
    As you have just completed your course, don't worry about these questions, because it will be duty of your test lead.

Still for your information, If it is desktop application, then you will get the .exe file and if it is a web project, you may get your web page to be tested on local server in your company.

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji

Answers

Hi,
    They will post the build in some shared folders, from there u can access the build and u can install in your machine.
    They will send detail document to you through mail how to install the builsd and where is the build in the shared folder,according to that u can install the build.

Expert Member
    Answers

Hi,

In software testing, the hardware and software requirements are known as the testbed. This is also known as the test environment.

Testbeds are also pages on the internet where the public is given the opportunity to test CSS or HTML they have created and are wanting to see the outcome.

Regards,
    Sridevichitthu

Answers

The builds will be sent to the testing team thru a common access folder and a mail will be sent about the new build to the testing team.

Test bed is nothing but the software and hardware requirements that are needed for testing. Test bed is also called as the test environment.

Answers

Smile Re: How a tester get build from developer

If you are working in desktop application

The builds like .exe files will be sent to the testing team thru a common access folder and a mail will be sent about the new build to the testing team.

If you are working in Web application

If you are working with India’s web application projects you can access that URL by using your IE… URL link details will be sent mail to tester.

If you are working with foreign projects you have to use remote server
    Before going to connect remote sever you have to connect VPN by using iPass
    From that remote server you can access the URL…
    URL link details will be sent mail to tester…

Regards
    Srinivasan.K

Contributing Member
    Answers

Hey since you are new so you can relax about all this and concentrate on the core of testing and that is Testing itself you should be working on your Analytical skills and if you want to be a manual tester then work hard to understand the domain and the product you r working on.
    If ur area is automation then along with this you need to work on ur skill for the tool as well.

All the best for your learning and remember its always good to go one step at a time
    Kunals

Answers

Any one can explain about Test Strategy with Examples????