Thread: Saving from Bottleneck and improving performance

Answers

Saving from Bottleneck and improving performance

How to improve performance of our mapping in informatica? What is Bottleneck and how can we save ourself from these problem and increase performance?

I am the DON
    Answers

Re: Saving from Bottleneck and improving performance

Quote Originally Posted by goodwillhunter View Post
    How to improve performance of our mapping in informatica? What is Bottleneck and how can we save ourself from these problem and increase performance?
    Before going for for bottlenecks,

In testing, you have to test the loading of data into database, in general you can call it as data loading test.

Before loading to the target table i.e., which is there in your database. Load the data into a flat file target, so that you can find the bottlenecks are there at database level or at Mapping level.

If the bottlenecks are not there at database level, then you have to go further with the Mapping bottlenecks.....

In Mapping bottlenecks you can find the bottlenecks are at three levels from your informatica log file..

1. Source level bottlenecks
    2. Traget level bottlenecks
    3. Transformation level bottlenecks

If you need in detail document on these bottlenecks, I can give it later.

Sanghala

If you are satisfied with my reply. Please click “Thanks” button which increases the reputation and can serve you better.