Thread: Schema

Answers

Schema

Can we say ,A Group of star flake schemas is a snowflake schema?

I am the DON
    Answers

Lightbulb Re: Schema

Quote Originally Posted by raghuladdu View Post
    Can we say ,A Group of star flake schemas is a snowflake schema?

Its not a relevant question.

Raghu,

I think you posted the same thread regarding the schema. Yesterday i've answered for your question.
    Please go through the answer. That answer gives you the exact idea about different data warehosuing schema.
    Still if you have any issues with the schemas.. PM me or continue the last post........

For your information, A set of star schemas can't be described as a snow-flake schema...
    A star-flake schema is different from star schema, but in general nobody uses Star-flake schema.

You can find Definition of Star_flake schema -
    Starflake schema is a hybrid structure that contains a mixture of star (denormalized) and snowflake (normalized) schemas.

Regards....

Last edited by sanghala; 05-17-2007 at 02:48 AM.
    Sanghala

If you are satisfied with my reply. Please click “Thanks” button which increases the reputation and can serve you better.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Schema

No,we can not call a group of star schema as snow flake.
    Becoz in snow flake the dimension are more normalized.there granularity is more.where as in the star schema dimesiions are not normalized.they one fact is always connected to one dimesion only(directly or indirectly)

I am the DON
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reetasharma108 View Post
    No,we can not call a group of star schema as snow flake.
    Becoz in snow flake the dimension are more normalized.there granularity is more.where as in the star schema dimesiions are not normalized.they one fact is always connected to one dimesion only(directly or indirectly)
    Can you define your discussion with some example that you have faced in past. I Think your discussion is unmeaningful.

Becoz if the two star schemas(Fact tables) sharing the other scheams dimensions, then it will be called constelaltion schema.

If the dimensions of star schema are dependent on other dimension tables, then it can be called as snow-flake schema..

If you want to discuss on these, Please give an example which contains a set of Star schemas.

Sanghala

If you are satisfied with my reply. Please click “Thanks” button which increases the reputation and can serve you better.

Answers

plz clear my doubt still i am not able to understand what is meant by snowfalke schema and star join schema. we can face either in reporter module or designer module . plz let me know in details. i read the doc i am not able to understand the points

Answers

plz clear my doubt still i am not able to understand what is meant by snowfalke schema and star join schema. we can face either in reporter module or designer module . plz let me know in details. i read the doc i am not able to understand the points.

PLZ EXPLAIN ME WITH POINTS

Answers

plz clear my doubt still i am not able to understand what is meant by snowfalke schema and star join schema. we can face either in reporter module or designer module . plz let me know in details. i read the doc i am not able to understand the points.

PLZ EXPLAIN ME WITH EXAMPLES