Thread: Method to identify the loaded web page

Geek_Guest

Method to identify the loaded web page

Hi, I'm new to QTP but I'm versed with manual testing. I have a question in scripting the following Web related scenario:

Based on data present in the globalsheet I click any of the two buttons in the web page dynamically. Each button takes to a different web page. In each page the functionality and the data to be entered are totally different. Now how do I identify which page has been loaded after the button is clicked. I used browser(""). Existingly it doesnt seem to work correctly. It is not detecting the correct web page. Is there any other method to identify the web page that has loaded?

Thanks in advance for all the answers.

Question asked by visitor Swaminathan

Re: Method to identify the loaded web page

Do the two pages have same titles? Do the pages open in the same browser window or do they require a separate browser window to be opened?

I also want to know how are you using the data in the GlobalSheet to Click on two different buttons?

You can just use the following to perform some action to any page that loads in the Browser:

Browser("micClass:=Browser").Page("micClass:=Page"). ...

OR to identify pages with different titles:

Browser("").Page("title:=PageTitle"). ...