Thread: What does the word "HASH" mean

Geek_Guest

What does the word "HASH" mean

In oracle many places I am seeing the word "HASH" and it is used along with many other phrases. eg. Hash clusters, Hash indexes, Hash tables......etc. What does the word "HASH" mean and please explain me the functionality.

Regards
    Thomas.

Question asked by visitor THOMAS SAJU

Re: What does the word "HASH" mean

Quote Originally Posted by Geek_Guest View Post
    In oracle many places I am seeing the word "HASH" and it is used along with many other phrases. eg. Hash clusters, Hash indexes, Hash tables......etc. What does the word "HASH" mean and please explain me the functionality.

Regards
    Thomas.

Question asked by visitor THOMAS SAJU
    Hi thomas,

Even am not sure about this, but i like to share wat i know. There is something like hash algorith which is generated by oracle using the oracle hash algorithm , the basic and the purpose of this is to make the function faster.

If u could give me more info abt this, i will be grateful to u.

Balasubramanian.J