Thread: Select the Employee names who held max positions

Answers

Select the Employee names who held max positions

Write a query for this..!! i want to select the employee names who held max positions in the company. I want to display empname, positioncount. I have 2 tables where position, empno are in one table (jobhistory) and empno, empnames are in another table(employee). Select surname from employee where employee.empno in( select empno from jobhistory group by empno having count(*)=(select max(count(position)) from jobhistory group by empno)) the above query returns the empnames who held max positions in the company but i want to display the position count aswell..!!

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Select the Employee names who held max positions

Try this query,

Select a.surname,b.positions
    from employee,( select empno,count(*) positions
    from jobhistory
    group by empno having count(*)=(select max(count(position)) from jobhistory group by empno)) b
    where a.empno=b.empno

Answers

Re: Select the Employee names who held max positions

Quote Originally Posted by jamesravid View Post
    Try this query,

Select a.surname,b.positions
    from employee,( select empno,count(*) positions
    from jobhistory
    group by empno having count(*)=(select max(count(position)) from jobhistory group by empno)) b
    where a.empno=b.empno

James, Can U be more clear Pl..!! And I want the Count of Positions held and not the name of the position

Last edited by brl51274; 04-12-2007 at 04:42 AM.