Thread: Diffrence between web based and client-server technology?

Geek_Guest

Diffrence between web based and client-server technology?

Question asked by visitor pavan

Hello,

What is the diffrence between web based and client-server technology?
    Cogonos is web based and also client-server technology. plz give me explanation?

Answers

Re: Diffrence between web based and client-server technology?

best example of web based technology is Internet(WWW) while the example of client-server technology is Intranet(within certain limits).

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Geek_Guest View Post
    Question asked by visitor pavan

Hello,

What is the diffrence between web based and client-server technology?
    Cogonos is web based and also client-server technology. plz give me explanation?
    As i know the main difference is not in serving the data to client, the difference is in accessing the data from the server.Client server connection once made never last until and unless disconnected by user.
    whereas the http protocol for web application is stateless.

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji

I am the DON
    Answers

I think you want to know about the diffrence between web based reporting and client-server technology reporting. If your Question is related to this, then the following answer matches for your Question ----

Web-Based reporting :
    This exactly mean there will be no direct connection between the End-user and the developer. All that is the developer develops the required things and he will uploads it to the protcetd Internet Access web servers (which are maintained by the clients) and the end-user can access the data through the web applications (means on web pages).

For ex :
    1. In Informatica 8.1, the jobs can be monitored on web applications.
    2. Cognos reporting tool.

Client-Server technology : There will be direct access of data through a operating system.
    By the name itself, we can recognise this.

Sanghala

If you are satisfied with my reply. Please click “Thanks” button which increases the reputation and can serve you better.