Thread: Selecting Radio Button

Expert Member
    Answers

Selecting Radio Button

Hi, I am automating a page which has a list of radio buttons, say 1, each of which has three subradio buttons, say a, b & c.I have to click radio button 1 and then click either a, b or c.The radio buttons a,b and c have different values for their properties for radio buttons 1-whatever. egRadio buttons 2's sub-radio buttons a, b,c are different objects than Radio button 1' sub-radio buttons (they have different "values", "html tags", (xy coordinates) etc.I want QTP to do this:If I select radio button 1 and sub-radio button a, I want QTP to remember 'a' generically such as by its 'selected item index' so that when I run my test through parameters I want QTP to ALWAYS select subradio button 'a' no matter if radio button 1, 2 or 4 is chosen.

NOTE : [This question was asked by Sohaib Mirza]

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Selecting Radio Button

The script should be something like:

Browser("Browser").Page("Page").Frame("Frame").WebRadioGroup("WebRadio").Select "#0"

Where, "#0" is the first radio option

Regards,
    Ganesh

Contributing Member
    Answers

Try using Virtual objects & i dont think that issue wud be reproducible

Expert Member
    Answers

If this is in the matrix form, you will have to give the index as well as the selected index....

Answers

Wink Re: Selecting Radio Button

I have 2 problems with Radio Buttons:

1. Selecting a radio button - sometimes it hangs, sometimes it return nothing or the wrong selection

2. Refreshing a radio button group. If the test is set up to input different values into an input box, and this should change the values on the radio buttons (e.g. differnt shipping charges on different addresses or weight) it appears to not update the selections.

There appears to be a simple solution using DP in
    QTP-8.2 | The Software Inquisition

I have not tested it yet.

Last edited by AY Berelowitz; 03-17-2009 at 09:58 AM.