Thread: Is it come under functionality testing

Contributing Member
    Answers

Is it come under functionality testing

What type of the testing it is when we want to edit data in any of the text box ? Is it come under functionality testing ?
    Suppose if I find defect in this situation then which type of bug it is?

Answers

Re: Type of Testing

Hi,

This is Functionality Issue.
    1)User Interface Issue---- suppose if we miss any buttons or links in the particulare screen or page where they supposed to be there as per Design Doc...
    2)Validation Issue---------Suppose if we enter the invalid data and click on "Save" button , it should display the validation message ....If not displayed then it is Validation issue.....
    3)Usability Issue--------- Suppose if u feel the particular screen or page is not looking good....u can log that issue as Usability issue....
    4)BackEnd/ Server Issue-------Suppose when you click on "My Account" after logging into the application....then it has to display all the details of your account by retreiving the data from the backend...if not displaying then it is BAckend issue/Server issue..............
    5)Database issue--------- Suppose in a table "Age" column is defined as "Number" datatype....where it is accepting the character data when we insert the data into the table ... then it is Database issue.....

If u have any doubts regarding this please feel free to ask me...

Regards,
    Vasavi

Answers

Hi Bharathi,

can you explain your doubt with an example so that every one will get into one track.

Thanks

Ramana.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Hi Ramana,

I am giving one example:

I have one profile forum. I want to enter some information in his profile forum. In that profile forum one text box is there i:e,"First Name" text box. At the first time i entered name and click on save button. After some time I opened his profile to update his name.
    At first his name is "Ravi".
    now I am wanting to update his name as "Ravi Kiran"

So that My question is What type of testing it is?
    Suppose I we get any defect in this situation then which type of bug it is?
    the situation like I updated his name and click on save button.
    but It did not updated.

I think now you understand what my doubt is.
    If u have any more doubts plz ask freely.

Answers

Hi Bharathi,

Yes Bharathi now every one can understand your doubt,nice framation.

According to my knowledge, we can find this type of bug in functionality testing only. Let's see,

Case-1 : First we will enter the name in the text box as "Ravi" then click on the save button the data is saved in the data base as Name = "Ravi".

Case-2 : Now we will click on the update button so again Name text box will be enabled, now you changed the name as "Ravi Kiran" then click on the save button its not updating its giving some error , in this case the like this errors occurs "Unable to update (Report to Developer some code)" .

Finally I want to conclude that,

This bug is purely a data base error or bug but we can find this through functionality testing only.

Ramana.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Thanks for giving answer to my question.
    Now it is clear to me.
    Nice explanation.

Answers
    Quote Originally Posted by bharathi_ark View Post
    Hi Ramana,

I am giving one example:

I have one profile forum. I want to enter some information in his profile forum. In that profile forum one text box is there i:e,"First Name" text box. At the first time i entered name and click on save button. After some time I opened his profile to update his name.
    At first his name is "Ravi".
    now I am wanting to update his name as "Ravi Kiran"

So that My question is What type of testing it is?
    Suppose I we get any defect in this situation then which type of bug it is?
    the situation like I updated his name and click on save button.
    but It did not updated.

I think now you understand what my doubt is.
    If u have any more doubts plz ask freely.
    If it is not going to update then it is functionality bug, but if it update and you get wrong data, then it is database bug.

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji