Thread: Informatica problem with special character?

Answers

Question Informatica problem with special character?

Hello @all, i have a problem with a special character like this © or the german characters ä, ü and hope that someone of the members can help me. I'm working with oracle 10g and informatica powercenter 8.1. I have created in the source and target a test tables with two columns. Source:
    Code:
    create table aaa ( ii varchar2(11 byte), pp varchar2(11 char) );
    target:
    Code:
    create table aab ( ii varchar2(11 byte), pp varchar2(11 char) );
    in the source table the following data is inserted:
    Code:
    insert into aaa (ii, pp) values ('äääääääääää', 'ööööööööööö'); commit;
    if i make the insert in the database from aaa to aab, there are no problems. If i try the same with informatica, the string is being cut. The preview of the data after the import of the source table shows the right string. The debuger shows the problem already in the source qualifier, so the string is being cut during the reading from the database. I have made the columns in informatica for the source and target tables bigger. In the database it is the old definition. After this is everything was ok. Maybe someone knows what the problem is an how i can solve this without changing the metadata. I hope that you can understand my problem and thank you for your help. Best regards blond

Answers

Re: Informatica problem with special character?

U r question was not clear . U can reimport the source tables and try again if u had any source qualifier query override u cannot write the query manually
    by using sequence generating option write the query