Thread: need to verify results by picking each value from dropdown

Answers

Question need to verify results by picking each value from dropdown

I have to pick values from 2 dropdowns and verify the results, i.e., Ex. i have state dropdown and city dropdown, i have to verify that if user selects Maharashtra(State) & Pune(City) & clicks search the system should display all the MBA colleges in Pune city.

I have to write function where in -

1. I need to pass the arguments 1 -by - 1 into both of the dropdown and verify results OR
    2. I select each values from each dropdown and click search button everytime and verify results that the list displayed is for Pune MBA colleges

Also, the next time i have to change the state i.e., Andhra Pradesh & City - Hyderabad,thenVaizag,Warangal
    Then karnataka - Bangalore, then Mangalore, then Mysore and so on so forth...

what & how should i approach.

Last edited by Hobqtplearner; 05-23-2008 at 12:13 PM.

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: need to verify results by picking each value from dropdown

There are two approaches, depends upon what qualifiers are present in the College Name DataObject.

1. Maintain a datastructure specif to Cities and check for the subset in the data structure in state ; city comparision.

2. If there is a common string across colleges and unique to city/state pair ur work becomes easy...

else a lot of datacapturing..more like manual testing.

Regards,
    Nawab