Thread: How to retrieve the value for Runtime property(disabled) of images in QTP9.2?

Answers

How to retrieve the value for Runtime property(disabled) of images in QTP9.2?

hi,

I wish to check whether the image is enabled or disabled in the application during run time.
    I tried off with the following syntax, but it's not writing any value for the disabled and enabled property.
    Msgbox Browser("MetLife Add Organization").Page("MetLife Add Organization").Webtable("name:=spacer").Image("name:=Next").GetRoProperty("disabled")

Could any one explain me how to verify this?

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: How to retrieve the value for Runtime property(disabled) of images in QTP9.2?

Quote Originally Posted by shv_shanmu24 View Post
    hi,

I wish to check whether the image is enabled or disabled in the application during run time.
    I tried off with the following syntax, but it's not writing any value for the disabled and enabled property.
    Msgbox Browser("MetLife Add Organization").Page("MetLife Add Organization").Webtable("name:=spacer").Image("name:=Next").GetRoProperty("disabled")

Could any one explain me how to verify this?
    Check using Object Spy ; other property may change in Enable/Disable mode if not 'disabled'.

regards,
    Nawab

Answers

Re: How to retrieve the value for Runtime property(disabled) of images in QTP9.2?

Hi Nawab,

I tried identifying using object spy, none of the properties other than disabled and IsDisabled is getting differed for the images.
    I am not able differentiate the enabled and disabled images using that properties as mentioned earlier.

Could you please explain in some other way?

Expert Member
    Answers

please send the spy Screenshot for Enabled/disabled.

Regards,
    Nawab

Answers

Hi,

Please find the attachment for details.
    "Next" image is disabled and all other images displayed are enabled.

Attached Files Attached Files

Expert Member
    Answers

solution

1.I propose that u go for a bitmap checkpoint on 'Next'.

2.Javascript to get the value of the htmlcontrol at runtime and then do a test.

please revert if u need more details.

Regards,
    Nawab

Answers

I did that in different way. By using the following syntax, i retrieved the value,

Browser("MetLife Add Organization").Page("MetLife Add Organization").Webtable("name:=spacer").Image("name:=Next").Objects.disabled

Thanks for the help provided.