Thread: Files as Source in a mapping

Answers

Files as Source in a mapping

How can we handle changing no of files as source in a mapping or in a session. Say for instance we have 3 files as source in a mapping and a session to run this task. next time we have 10 files and next may be just 1 as source. regrading Target we are having a single target appending the data read from different source files.

Answers

Smile Re: Files as Source in a mapping

Quote Originally Posted by Roger_009 View Post
    How can we handle changing no of files as source in a mapping or in a session. Say for instance we have 3 files as source in a mapping and a session to run this task. next time we have 10 files and next may be just 1 as source. regrading Target we are having a single target appending the data read from different source files.
    I think one source instance can take up only one file as input. If there exsits a way, please update me with the same.

Thanks,
    Divya

Answers

Re: Files as Source in a mapping

Hi buddy,
    I discussed about this issue and just now came to know that one source instance can have n number of files as input. The only way to handle changes in the file input is changing in the files list which you pass. If you find any altenate way,please do share.

Thanks,
    Divya