Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Identify Rows columns in datagrid control

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Answers
    4

    Identify Rows columns in datagrid control

    Why QTP 9.1 does not identify rows/cols in datagrid control?

    In my application i need to enter some data in a webEdit, after submiting the data displayed in adatagrid . Now I need to verify whether the entered data is displayed in the datagrid or not. Here i am facing the problem the in the datagrid it dose not identify rows/cols in fact it detects the grid as a whole. so how can i verify one particular item in the grid? can anybody please help me ?


  2. #2
    Expert Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Answers
    211

    Re: Identify Rows columns in datagrid control

    In Case the DataGrid is been captured as one of the Tables then you need to fetch the data using Methods associated with the Table....u might not get the Data as an Individual Object...

    Regards
    Nawab


  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Answers
    4

    Re: Identify Rows columns in datagrid control

    Thanks for your response. The Data Grid is identifying as single TDBgrid object i can not access individual rows and cols to match the item. I would be grateful to you if u can tell me which property shall i used to check previously entered item.

    Regards
    Kanta


    Quote Originally Posted by NawabShaikh View Post
    In Case the DataGrid is been captured as one of the Tables then you need to fetch the data using Methods associated with the Table....u might not get the Data as an Individual Object...

    Regards
    Nawab


    Last edited by kanta; 02-25-2008 at 03:36 AM.

  4. #4
    Expert Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Answers
    211

    Re: Identify Rows columns in datagrid control

    When you go for the DOM Model in QTP you might get some methods like

    Bowser().Page().Frame().WbFgrid.Cell()...or soemthing else..here you can locate the Cell of the WebTable...I hope that will help!

    Regards,
    Nawab


  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Answers
    4

    Re: Identify Rows columns in datagrid control

    The main problem is it does identify as wbfgrid just it is showing as TDBGrid object and no cell ar rows/col.


  6. #6

    Re: Identify Rows columns in datagrid control

    Quote Originally Posted by kanta View Post
    The main problem is it does identify as wbfgrid just it is showing as TDBGrid object and no cell ar rows/col.
    Have you check with Object Repository for that object? Can you attach the Object repository screen shot to this question?

    Thanks,

    Suresh K


  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Answers
    4

    Re: Identify Rows columns in datagrid control

    I was trying to write descriptive program.


  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Answers
    1

    Re: Identify Rows columns in datagrid control

    Quote Originally Posted by kanta View Post
    Why QTP 9.1 does not identify rows/cols in datagrid control?

    In my application i need to enter some data in a webEdit, after submiting the data displayed in adatagrid . Now I need to verify whether the entered data is displayed in the datagrid or not. Here i am facing the problem the in the datagrid it dose not identify rows/cols in fact it detects the grid as a whole. so how can i verify one particular item in the grid? can anybody please help me ?
    Kanta, I am using DevExpress.XtraGrid and I am also facing the same problem as you mentioned 'QTP grid as a whole and I cannot access rows and columns'. Please help me if you have already found the solution.
    I appreciate anyone who can help me for this. Thank you.


  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Answers
    3

    Re: Identify Rows columns in datagrid control

    when u enter some data in to ur web edit it will displays some values on web table...if u verifies rows and coloumns...u can go this way...

    dim row= browser("b name").page("p.name").web table.getrowcount
    dim col =browser("b name").page("p.name").web table.get col count

    for i=1 to rows
    for j=1 to col
    msgbox browser("b name").page("p.name").web table.getcell data(i,j)

    next
    next


  10.  Sponsored Ads
    Ad


     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Applying for a job can be a stressful and frustrating experience, especially for someone who has never done it before. Considering that you are competing for the position with a at least a dozen other applicants, it is imperative that you thoroughly prepare for the job interview, in order to stand a good chance of getting hired. That's where GeekInterview can help.
Interact