Thread: Note the Time taken by a query using Loadrunner with Oracle NCA protocol

Answers

Note the Time taken by a query using Loadrunner with Oracle NCA protocol

Hi,
    I need to get the time taken by a long running DB query that is called once i click on a button on an oracle applications form. I use oracle nca protocol while scripting in load runner. My doubt is if i start a transaction and include the code like nca_button_press("") and end the transaction, would the response time of the transaction include the time taken by query as well?If not is there any chance of getting it?

Secondly,i had to give some think time after button press. Otherwise the script fails while replay. My understanding is that think time is required in this case to give sufficient time for the second form to open up.
    Now if I include think time and subsequent step as well in the transaction, the transaction response time would include the combination of time taken by the query and also the think time which is specified by me.
    Either way i wont be able to get the time taken by the query without the user specified think time influencing it. Please let me know if there is any way or do we need to use the oracle tables.

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Note the Time taken by a query using Loadrunner with Oracle NCA protocol

Hi,

I guess even if you include the event that triggers the query within your transaction identifiers, If your script uses the resultant output only then would the Query execution time be included in Response.

What I would suggest is include the Query event as a seperate sub-transaction and try trapping the resultant output. This should definitely indicate pass status for the query execution and you can measure the response time as well.

As regards the included think time, you could always neglect think time in your Analysis report. Go to Apply global filter and you shall find a "Include Think Time" clause at the end. Uncheck the same and your analysis report would reflect reposnse times minus think times.

Cheers....

Answers

Re: Note the Time taken by a query using Loadrunner with Oracle NCA protocol

Hii Thank you,
    i have another issue the think time i place before the form opens is sufficient some times and not at other times.Is there any other way to wait in oracle nca (only)until a form opens like the ctrx_wait_for_event.
    Regards