Thread: Winsocket test problem

Answers

Winsocket test problem

Hi again!

I've recorded a Winsocket test (I'm not an expert whit this), and I've tried to replay it, but there is an error during execution, because of packet mismatch.

My problem is, that
    - I don't know the specific protocol, that this application use, so I cannot find out where is the problem, so what is the server's problem with my request
    - after I've clicked in the application 7 req-resp pairs were generated, and during the replay the first 2 pairs are good, the problem is with the 3. pair, so again I can't find out what the server would like to see in my request
    - as I checked the sent and received messages are saved in a data file, but it is just a hexa string, I can't see anything in it
    - maybe the problem is something like a new session number, but since there is no auto correlation here, and the data are in hexa ... that's a funny task.

So... has anybody an idea how could I find out what is the problem here?

BR,
    PalEE

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Winsocket test problem

When I have problems creating Winsock scripts, I have to do the following steps:
    1)Record a script. Put comments between every single step that you perform during recording. This will help make the script more readable.
    2)Record a second, IDENTICAL, script to that of step 1.
    3)Replay both to make sure they fail in the same place.
    4)Open windiff.exe (in the LR/bin directory)
    5)View the data.ws files from both scripts side by side.
    6)This may help you decide what needs to be correlated.

Good Luck!

Answers

Re: Winsocket test problem

Yes, in fact I also did similar steps to find out the difference.
    As a matter of fact I think the protocol what is used by the tested application is quite silly. Of course no documentation about it
    The problem is, that between 2 executions there are some differences what I cannot solve... for example in the first execution I've got a "*" and is the second execution I've got a "G" character, and there is nothing in the packet that could explain this Of course in the third execution this character is (for example) az "i".

Thanks for the idea!