Thread: simple!!

Contributing Member
    Answers

simple!!

Duffus loved potato chips almost as much as he loved his tea. The problem was when he had large family gatherings, all the kids would devour his snacks before he could. His marble game worked for a while, but his trick was soon found out. So, Duffus came up with another way to keep the snacks for himself and yet make it seem as though he wasn't the greedy snack hog he was. Duffus took two large bowls, one wood and one plastic, and placed them up high so that the kids couldn't see the contents.

He then said, "One is full and the other is empty. You get whatever is in the bowl you pick. You can pick only once, but you must decipher my clues and explain to me which bowl you think has the chips and why. And no random guessing allowed."

He then gave them these clues:

1. The polyester shirt I'm wearing.
    2. A cotton shirt in my closet.
    3. A hollow cardboard toilet paper roll.
    4. This plastic cup I'm drinking my tea from.
    5. The acrylic socks I'm wearing.
    6. An empty paper lunch bag.

now how ll u find out which bowl is empty with d given clues?

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: simple!!

polyester, plastic, acrylic all have something in them. Becuase you can't see the inside of these type of bags. cotton, cardboard, paper all are empty. So plastic bowl (assumption) has the chips and the wood bowl (assumption) is empty.

I hope my assumption will be suite for your problem.

---------------------
    suresh