Thread: Analyze the performance

Contributing Member
    Answers

Analyze the performance

Hi, i am tested proxy server application ,in that while testing the virtual memory increased and available bytes(memory) decreased as Vusers increased , but after finishing testing the available bytes increased to its original value but VM does not went to its original value.
    in my point of view i thought that it is problem in application ,tell me that my suggestion is correct or not?

thanks

Answers

Re: Analyze the performance

Just wondering how you defined that you observed the virtual memory had increased and remained there. By right OS (windows) are configured to have a range of size the paging file (virtual memory) can utilized. My guess is not the application having problem but a lack of understanding on the aspect of OS functionality. Overtime as load generates on to the server, it might be the case where the OS increase the paging file size that's all. My two cents worth.

Regards
    papayamilkshake
    LoadRunner TnT @ http: // loadrunnertnt . com