Thread: How to make QTP recognize 2 different webtables

Geek_Guest

How to make QTP recognize 2 different webtables

2 web tables on different pages have the same index value and different logical name. For some reasons, I cannot save the 2 tables with different names in the object repository (when I try to save, they are getting saved as one object ONLY, due to same index) What Should I do to make QTP recognize these 2 different webtables?
    Please assist

Question asked by visitor Minu

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: How to make QTP recognize 2 different webtables

this problem can be resolve if you use different set of Property and if the page name is different,
    if this resolves your problem fine else respond with some more details.

thanks
    Kunal

Contributing Member
    Answers

say for example, lets take Browser name property as "A" and Page title property as "B" and web Table index as "5" and Name as "C"...copy the table object and paste it under the same page with different logical name say "C_1".

Hopefully this will work...

Contributing Member
    Answers

Change the index to 0 this will start assigning the object initialization starting from 1. Since it has same properties for first object table, it tries to match with second object which has same object properties. But the only reference whihc makes difference is index property.
    Try changing index value, tab index, logical name. It will work.

Arun*