Thread: How do you make sure you really test what needs to be re-tested?

Geek_Guest

How do you make sure you really test what needs to be re-tested?

Question asked by visitor sudhir.vantipalli

When doing regression testing, How do you make sure you really test what needs to be re-tested? Please give me the answer with example if possible

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: How do you make sure you really test what needs to be re-tested?

Regression Testing is done when after fixes the bug or any modifications(like additions/deletions in functionality) are made in functionality.
    During this testing we are making sure that to validate whether that resolved bug is effected to other functionality and whether the application is normal enough to do exhausted testing.

So that we need to test all test cases(failed testcases and passed test cases) to check that changes in code have not effected in working functionality.

I hope u understand. If i am wrong, any one plz correct me.

with regards
    Bharathi

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Geek_Guest View Post
    Question asked by visitor sudhir.vantipalli

When doing regression testing, How do you make sure you really test what needs to be re-tested? Please give me the answer with example if possible

During regression testing we run all the test cases again to see that there are no any regression bug and the application is working well.
    Then why this question?

Re-testing will be of complete application, so, we can sure that we have tested what we need to re-test.

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji

Contributing Member
    Answers

It’s tricky to decide what are all the test cases (which are passed) you need to be re-tested. It may depend on Severity of the Defect / Time lines of the application deliverables...

Regression Test: Done whenever the dev fix the bug or any modifications to the application, performs this to validate whether that resolved bug/modification is effected any other part of the app.

Re-testing: Performing the testing again and again by executing the same Test Cases either on any specific functionality or it may be module or it may be complete application