Thread: what did the man tell them?

Contributing Member
    Answers

what did the man tell them?

At midnight time a man walking on a street. Suddenly three theifs attack the man and get all of his money. Then the thiefs told to him "You may now speak your last word. If its true then we will leave you. If its false then we will shoot you at your head". The man thought for a moment, then made his statement. Perplexed the clever thiefs realized they could do nothing and let him to go. what did the man tell them?

------------------
    suresh

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: what did the man tell them?

Hi Suresh,

I think there are lot of answers for this question... For example : His last word is "I'm Male" or "I'm breathing"... I dont know my understanding of this question is true or not... If not can u explain the question more... Or if there is any criteria explain that too suresh...

Thanks
    Manoj

Contributing Member
    Answers

Hi manoj,

if you told "I'm Male" or "I am breathing" then there is a chance they are not accept it. Because they decide the final one.

See the sentence "Perplexed the clever thiefs realized they could do nothing and let him to go". so what he told ?

Read carefully the paragraph..there is a clue.

---------------
    suresh

Expert Member
    Answers

Hi Suresh,

I know the answer but i know the word in tamil... dont know the exact word in english.... The word is "MALADI" (women who cant give birth)... The answer the man says to theif is "Your mother is not a MALADI(In Tamil)"... I think u know Tamil.... otherwise i will ask my friend and tell u the answer...

Thanks
    Manoj

Contributing Member
    Answers

hi manoj,

i know tamil. I think your answer also working. But i am expecting some other good answer. If you told that statement they can't do anything. i need that type of answer. Also i mentioned there is not a single theif. There are many theifs.

-------------------
    suresh

Contributing Member
    Answers

Here is the answer for this question...It is difficult to get exactly what you want in such kind of puzzles.

Answer is "After i told this you are shooting me in my head". If you told like this type of statement, he is not able to do anything. Because if they shoot him then what he told is correct or if they release him then what they told is wrong?

I need these type of statement. Anyway good work manoj.

---------------
    suresh

Expert Member
    Answers

I think, the man has said the below statement:
    "You are all 3 people"
    or "You are 3 thiefs"

Regards,
    Srividya
    Manoj
    Mahipal
    Ratheesh

Expert Member
    Answers

But Suresh I think your answer is some where in the middle between True and False...
    Because if the theifs shoot him then it become true and if the theifs wont shoot him then it become False otherwise he should be killed...
    Little confusing

Thanks
    Manoj

Contributing Member
    Answers

yes manoj,

Theifs getting that type of confusing, that's why they can't do anything.

------------------
    suresh

Expert Member
    Answers

I agree with Manoj. Why should the man bother confusing the thieves when he can easily escape by telling the truth?

I personally feel that
    Theifs getting that type of confusing, that's why they can't do anything
    is rather dumb. If I was the thief definitely and most certainly I would have shot the man. The reasoning is simple, if I let him go, I break my words, if I shoot him agin I break the words.

The moral? When I'm breaking the promise either ways, why bother letting the man go? Just shoot him...

-Kalayama

Last edited by kalayama; 02-07-2007 at 08:04 AM.
    [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]"If you are not living on the edge of your life, you are wasting space"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Someone says "Impossible is nothing". The man next him says "Let me see you licking your elbow tip!"

Expert Member
    Answers

Suresh,

I think my Answer #4 is more accurate and straight... No one in the world will say false for that...

Thanks
    Manoj

Contributing Member
    Answers

Yes friends....i agree with your statements.....

--------------------
    suresh

Answers

the answer could be " I will loose my life because of you"