Thread: menu item list

Answers

menu item list

I have a windows GUI (not web page) and a file menu I need to recognize (it is custom code so I dont know the 'underlying' name of the object. How do I recognize and determine how many sub menu options are in it.

Im expecting to call 'something' and get a number back, indicating I have 9 menus underneath the main 'File' menu option.

Answers

Re: menu item list

I have a quick question; Can you use object spy on each of the menu items and see if there is a number of items that is equal to the physically count of the items in that menu command?

If there is, then I will suggest descriptive programming since it is a custom code.

Are you able to use objectspy on this object at all?

Answers

I can use the object spy for the icons but the menu just returns the top level object, and the line in the code;

Window("X9.37 Editor").WinMenu("Menu")

tells me that "Menu" is not a recognized object. I cannot tell if "Menu" is a place holder or a generic object name. Is there a call to tell me what the WinMenu name should be?

Appreciate the help.

Answers

I think I know what you are saying now.

If you click on each of the items in the menu while recording, do they still give you the top level object?

I'm guessing not. But let me know what you is being recorded after you select each of the items in the menu. If they are different, you may need to use descriptive programming to identify them. The properties may be changing everytime you run it.

Answers

Thanks, your comment about recording gave me the pointer to the problem. I think I was in expert view too long (Robot only has this view), the Keyword view gave me the full description of how to call the menu options. I guess its still odd that the application object doesnt show the '+' sign to indicate all the associated objects (menues, icons, subwindows). Thanks again for your help.

Answers

Not a problem Dave. Just helping another North Carolinian.