please give me a clear idea on Treaceability Matrix.
This is a discussion on Traceability Matrix within the Testing Templates forums, part of the Software Testing category; Hi friends, please give me a clear idea on Treaceability Matrix....
please give me a clear idea on Treaceability Matrix.
Treacbility matrix is a table which maps our Requirements with Testcases.
By using this matrix we can easily find out whether we have desined Testcases for all the requirements or not.
Traceability Matrix is very useful in testing.
Tracebility Matrix means:
To map the test requirement and the test case ID, whether it is fulfilling the coverage or not.
By using this we can find test cases covered all functionalities or not.
Traceability Matrix is a set of rules to trace the deliverable to the requirement and vice versa.
Traceability Matrix is used to
- verify and validate system specifications,
- ensure that all final deliverable documents are included in the system specification, such as process models and data models,
- Improve the quality of a system by identifying requirements that are not addressed by configuration items during design and code reviews and by identifying extra configuration items that are not required. Examples of configuration items are software modules and hardware devices,
- provide input to change requests and future project plans when missing requirements are identified,
- Provide a guide for system and acceptance test plans of what needs to be tested.
Taking the time to cross-reference each requirement to a deliverable ensures that a deliverable is consistent with the customer and system requirements. A requirement that cannot be mapped to a deliverable is an indication that something is missing from the deliverable. Likewise, a deliverable that cannot be traced back to a requirement may mean the system is delivering more than required.
Useful traceability matrices examples:
- Functional specification to requirements document: It shows that each requirement (obtained from a preliminary requirements statement provided by the customer or produced in the Concept Definition stage) has been covered in an appropriate section of the functional specification.
- Design specification to functional specification verifies that each function has been covered in the design.
- System test plan to functional specification ensures you have identified a test case or test scenario for each process and each requirement in the functional specification.
Although the construction and maintenance of traceability matrices may be time-consuming, they are a quick reference during verification and validation tasks.
this matrix helps the TE in backing up the issues raised by him in relation to the bugs, in the triages .
Last edited by saritha_racharla; 09-05-2007 at 03:42 AM. Reason: incomplete reply
This traceablity matrix will be used by the test leads and the managers of testing and Requirement for their quick reference. This will be prepared by the Test Lead.
Tracability Matrix is the main document for testing dept. It gives a clear information about testing status like, Howmany senarios we wrote, under one senarion howmany test cases written,how many executed, howmany to be excuted, even no of bugs module wise we can maitain in this.
It's again depends upon the organaisational standard template.
How do we know which is the correct answer for our questions ?
Traceability Matrix also called Requirement Traceability Matrix is the document which shows the relationship between the functionalities or the business rules and the test cases.
To identify whether all the test cases written and the requirement documents are in synch, the Traceability matrix or coverage matrix is used. Once the tester write the test cases it will entered in the matrix sheet. It will then reviwed either by the Reviewer or Test Lead and validate that all the specification mentioned in the Requirement document are covered and splitted in to all possible scenarios in the format of test case.
In general, the Traceability matrix will have the following fields:
1. Requirement ID
2. Requirement received Date
3. Module Name
4. Responsible Tester Name
5. Reviewer Name
6. Test case name
7. Build / Version number
8. Associated Defects
9. Reviewer Comments.
The traceability matrix can either be maintained in the excel sheet or in any of the specified tools.
am new here, anyone have RTM document template.
Could anyone attach/provide Traceability matrix template.
It would be helpful if someone attach all the templates related to Software Testing. So that we all can put our comments and suggessions to get proper templates.
Its a document that is used for mapping the test cases with the use cases. Its generally to check whether Test cases meets all the requirements described in the Uses Cases or not.
Can anyone provide the template for the Traceability Matrix.
Traceablity matrix is nothing but a mapping between the specifications and Test cases.
how many test cases written for perticular specification and all the test cases for specified specification.
Template for traceablity matrix .
Specification document name Specification no test case document name Test case No.
please let me do you have any confusion.
Cybage software Pvt ltd.
Already you can view enough information regarding the traceability matrix.. from my side you just refer the link specified Traceability matrix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.. may be this link can help you