Thread: Parameter Delimiter

Answers

Parameter Delimiter

Hi All,

I am recording .Net application. In that i am receiving below error after correlating a field
    Warning: The string 'ratingapp_id' with parameter delimiters is not a parameter
    Can somebody please tell me what is this error meant by?
    Thanks

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Parameter Delimiter

Hi Sai,

For the mentioned field 'ratingapp_id', if you have used it within braces { } as part of correlation, LR would consider it as a parameter.

Firstly, decide if you wish to Correlate or parameterize the field in question. Incase parameterize, go to the Param list and create a New parameter with the name 'RatingApp_Id' and associate a .dat / .csv file with required values.

Incase you are correlating it, check the LB and RB values you are passing. Incase either of the values is {, enclose the same in quotes else LR would still try to read it as a parameter.

Cheers...

Answers

Hi Umesh,

I am correlating this field and below is my web_reg_save_param function and i am replacing the value of this field as {rating_id1}

web_reg_save_param("rating_id1",
    "LB=id=\"HiddenField_RatingAppID\" value=\"",
    "RB=\"",
    "NotFound=ERROR",
    LAST);
    Please advice.

Expert Member
    Answers

Hi Sai,

Your Web_reg_Save_param function seems to be correct. Check the place where you are using the correlated value of rating_id1.

It should be not reflected in color Pink but should be of the same font color as of remanining text. Incase it is displayed in different font color, it means there is parameter existing with the same name as web_reg_save_param name.

Either replace the parameter name in the Params list or substitute the value of rating_id1 in the wev_reg_save_param clause.

Also, error is about Param delimiter called as RatingAppId. Are you using this as a seperate web_reg_save_param variable elsewhere. Coz as per your code, replacing value should be rating_id1 only.

cheers...