Thread: What exactly a frame Work means?what are the different type of frameworks done in QTP

Answers

How can i proceed with QTP framework?

Hi All,

How can i proceed with QTP automation framework? Is there any tips to do that..... Please clarify and suggest which automation frame work is suitable for QTP... Genarally i observed keyword data driven frame work using.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: How can i proceed with QTP framework?

Actually Framework differs from Client to Client
    So there is no standrad automation framework
    Its just based on the company, they design their own frame works

Answers

How to implement the automation framework

Please let me know how to implement the automation framework using QTP,
    I have the folder structure and framework ready, but dunno how to start working on it.
    I know that we need to write drivers for calling the data sheets, but have no clue how start with it?

Please share your knowledge with me, it is a bit urgent!!

Thanks in advance

Answers

Table driven framework in QTP

How to write Table driven framework in QTP.
    Please give me some information about Keyword framework.
    Thanks

Expert Member
    Answers
    Framework is nothing but a common standardized approach that everybody in a team abides by. It can strech form Folder structure to naming conventions to reusabality, etc....

Frameworks differ form Company to company as well as by the Test Environment (by this I mean added S/ws like QC & TD)

Last edited by jainbrijesh; 05-19-2007 at 04:50 AM.

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: How to implement the automation framework

Hi
    If you have the Folder structure ready then what are you waiting for?
    Just create a few common functions which can be used commonly. For calling the datatables... just put AddSheet and ImportSheet to your scripts.
    All the best

Answers

Framework Question

Hi Guys,

What is the exact meaning of Framework in QTP..?.I appreciate if anyone explain it very clearly.

Thanks,
    Mahi

Geek_Guest

Component based test automation design framework

Can anybody please explain this?

Developed or implemented a component based test automation design framework with emphasis on component re-use

Question asked by visitor Santhosh

Geek_Guest

Component based test automation design framework

Can anybody please explain this?

Developed or implemented a component based test automation design framework with emphasis on component re-use

Question asked by visitor Santhosh

Answers

Expalin QTP automation framework diagramatically

Hello friends,

1) Can any one expalin the automation framework(QTP) diagramatically.
    In one interview they asked to explain the automation framework with the help of diagram. You can expalin any framework which is generally used.

2) What is DOM?

Waiting for reply from you friends
    bye

Answers

Re: Component based test automation design framework

The above sentence may mean that,firstly we are testing each components unit by test automation which could be rechecked again because we are at the initial stage of testing.

Answers

what is qtp frame work?

all companies follow same frame work (or) different frame work.

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: what is qtp frame work?

Hi srinu,
    well different companies follow different frameworks.

It basically depends upon the type of framework being used - datadriven, modular, keyword based or hybrid framework.

Test automation framework is a set of assumptions, concepts and practices that provide support for automated software testing.

Test script modularity framework

The test script modularity framework requires the creation of small, independent scripts that represent modules, sections, and functions of the application-under-test. These small scripts are then used in a hierarchical fashion to construct larger tests, realizing a particular test case.
    It is called as modular since we are breaking the scripts into modules - a few of which are compile modules or reusable. This is the simplest of all frameworks.

Data - Driven frameworks

Test scripts are executed and verified based on the data values stored in one or more central data sources or databases. These databases can range from datapools, odbc sources, csv files, excel files, dao objects, ado objects, etc.
    The establishment of several interacting test scripts together with their related data results in a framework used for the methodology. In this framework, variables are used for both input values and output verification values: navigation through the program, reading of the data sources, and logging of test status and information are all coded in the test script.
    Thus, the logic executed in the script is also dependant on the data values.

Keyword based framework

Keyword-driven framework separates much of the programming work from the actual test steps so that the test steps can be developed earlier and can often be maintained with only minor updates, even when the application or testing needs change significantly.
    It consists of driver, control scripts etc.

You can find more on frameworks in related threads in the forum.

Cheers...

Last edited by bizzzzzare; 12-20-2007 at 04:46 AM.

Contributing Member
    Answers

What exactly a frame Work means?what are the different type of frameworks done in QTP

What exactly a frame Work means?what are the different type of frameworks done in QTP?why the caption for QTP given as advanced keyword driven?

Banned
    Answers

Re: What exactly a frame Work means?what are the different type of frameworks done in

Frame work means it is the approach for scripting.
    In keyword Driven Framework, it contains different folders
    like Libraries, Datafiles, Driver , Controller , Recovery
    Scenario Manager, object Repositories, and Results file.

Driver:it gives the way to the controller,
    Controller: it contains the path of rest of the folders.

this way keyword driven Framework Works.

Contributing Member
    Answers

qtp framework u r following in ur company pelase give me clear explanation then u did

qtp framework u r following in ur company pelase give me clear explanation then u did great favour to inexeprienced qtp users

Banned
    Answers

Re: qtp framework u r following in ur company pelase give me clear explanation then u

It depends upon the company...we are using .net framework

In our QTP framework, “strictness” has two dimensions: Test Level and Test Weight. Test Level refers to how loose the test is allowed to be when, say, selecting specific values from a WebList or WebRadioGroup. Test Weight refers to how important a given test is, and whether or not it will be run in the current cycle. When we run tests, we run them at a default Test Level of 0, which is to say, “when you encounter a WebList or other input type, if the value I have specified does not exist, or only exists partially, just select a valid response and move on.” The Test Weight is 200 (out of a possible 1000). The lower the Test Weight