Thread: client server architecture

Contributing Member
    Answers

client server architecture

Hi, guys, i want to test a client server application with LR.

it uses TCP as protocol.

client will access the files that are available in the server.

in server , we will add more files in the server during the client accessing the server files(that during testing).

i want to know whether it is possible in LR that while testing we can update more files in the server.

thanks in advance.

Last edited by balajip82; 02-05-2008 at 08:35 AM. Reason: missed some sentence

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: client server architecture

so, here i want to test the performance of this application

Answers

Yes, Definately it is possible.

On Server Side: Use Winsock to upload dynamic files in to server on Server side (do playback once to make sure entire file is getting uploaded i.e. input K/B = Output K/B

On client Side: Use Winsock protocol to record script on Client side which will access latest uploaded files on server

Scenario Design: Design scenario in following way

1) First Run Server side script to upload all files as soon as file upload will get completed.
    2) Start with Client side script to access files on server

Let me know, If I have to clarify anything above

Contributing Member
    Answers

Hi, kaustabh thank you for your reply, but i have doubt here, whether we want to create two scripts here one for server and another for client?

if yes means, we want to LR also in server side?.

another doubt his, here server will continuously update the files, whether it is possible?