Thread: Any workaround for installing Loadrunner 9 at Windows Vista Machine?

Answers

Any workaround for installing Loadrunner 9 at Windows Vista Machine?

Hi

I am new to Loadrunner and trying to learn. I have Windows Vista on my machine. I downloaded Loadrunner 9 and tried to install it but it doesn't work. I know Loadrunner9 doesn't support Vista but I think there must be some workaround to get it working. Please advice.

Thanks

Answers

Re: Any workaround for installing Loadrunner 9 at Windows Vista Machine?

Hi shlomini

Thanks for your reply. It installed loadrunner without any error but when I try to use it, I find these problems

1. Start -> Programs -> Loadrunner -> Samples -> Web -> Start Web Server doesn't work. It doesn't start web server. If i start webserver manually, then I can see its running in the status bar icon.

2. When I start recording, it opens the page with URL "http://127.0.0.1:1080/WebTours/" and a bar of blue color with hp Web Tours written on the top section and the below section of it shows message "The website cannot display the page". I can see the floating Recording window on this page though.

3. Whatever I do on this page, it doesn't record anything.
    4. When I stop recording, it shows just Action() {Return 0} in the VuGen window.
    5. When I try to "Verify Reply", it gives me error "Mercury Interactive has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stoo working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" . With "Close Program" button.

6. When I click "Close Program", it closes the VuGen window.

I hope I explained all I saw with Loadrunner so far.

Hope to get some reply soon.

Thanks

We were talking about this issue in our office today and to me at least, it seems like LR doesn't support Vista yet (regardless of the version). We use ver.8.1, so I pulled up the System Requirements for ver.9.0:

https://h10078.www1.hp.com/cda/hpms/display/main/hpms_content.jsp?zn=bto&cp=1-11-126-17^9753_4000_100__

Answers

Thanks Shlomini...I will wait for an update from HP. Thanks for your suggestions.

Thanks