Thread: Need help in routinely asked question

Answers

Need help in routinely asked question

Hello guys,
    I need help. I would like to get your advises on these below questions.

In all my interviews every one are asking this question
    1. "Why you are looking for full time position?"
    Can some one sujjest me the best answer that I can tell in my interview

2. What are the different ways to estimate the testing. How do you estimate and schedule the testing process

Thanks in advance

Answers

Lightbulb Re: Need help in routinely asked question

Quote Originally Posted by tvklovesu View Post
    Hello guys,

2. What are the different ways to estimate the testing. How do you estimate and schedule the testing process

Thanks in advance
    Have you been working part time/contract basis before?

I think the answer to the first question can be: I want to settle down in life now, am looking for more stability, more security. and want to take more responsibility, which a full time position gives in ample amount.

To estimate the testing, one needs to come up with the use cases that are possible for that particular application. The use cases are then converted to testplans and depending on the testplans, the available resources, one needs to estimate the man days.

Hope this helps!

Answers

Re: Need help in routinely asked question

Hello Maverick_dude,
    Thanks for your reply. Regarding the 2nd question is there any methodologies that needs to be followed to prepare test estimates or resourece planning?
    For the first one, I replied the same as you mentioned but I observed a weired smile from the interviewer where it made me to think about it and now iam changing my words not related to money but related to goals and accomplishments. But still looking for more samples.
    Thanks

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Need help in routinely asked question

Quote Originally Posted by tvklovesu View Post
    Hello guys,

Thanks in advance
    I can shed some light on the first question, with one caveat. The answer to this question should come from within you. Lets say you want job security. But, this is an answer which can be misinterpreted by the hiring manager. The hiring manager may think that you do not have confidence in your abilities. Please note that I mention "may".

Assuming that you are currently in a part-time/contract position, I will let you know what a friend used to say when he was in a contract position.

- Want to work the product in its entirety: support, gathering new requirements, suggesting and working on enhancements and delivering the solutions.
    - Full time employees can take courses to increase knowledge base as company sponsors only full time employees. More potential for doing better work for the company.
    - Any initiatives taken will be better appreciated as a full time employee. For example, if you saved thousands of dollars by coming up with a new process to do something, enployees can get a raise, stocks, etc where as a contractor gets nothing.
    - There is a growth path for a full time employee i.e. engineer to senior engineer to tech lead, etc. Where as there is none for a contractor.

Hope this helps.