Thread: rendezvous in load runner

Contributing Member
    Answers

rendezvous in load runner

Hi guys, in Load runner while using rendezvous point, it will push the groups of vusers to run state at a particular time.

i want to know after pushing to the run state , whether i want to manually disable the rendezvous or no need while scenario is running.

Because rendezvous is once again taking some vusers to rendezvous state.

pls clarify.

Expert Member
    Answers

Smile Re: rendezvous in load runner

Hi Balaji,

You dont have to manually code for completing a Rendezvous point. It is not similar to lr_start_transaction which has to have an lr_end_transaction mandatorily.

Once you set a rendezvous point, at scenario time all vusers are made to wait at the rendezvous point until all vusers reach the same point. Once done, scenario proceeds again normally.

Rendezvous points are usually used when we want all the vusers in the application to wait untill completion of a particular action say - DB Refresh or Data Refresh.

Cheers....

Re: rendezvous in load runner

You can comment out the rendezvous, delete it, or add/remove them from one of the menus in the Controller section which I can't seem to recall.