Thread: UI Testing

Answers

UI Testing

Hey, I want automate the GUI testing. Now I'm using QTP, Is there any tools to do that....Thanks in advance.

Answers

Re: UI Testing

There are several tools available to automate the GUI testing one of which is namely CR tools also called as Capture-and-Replay Tools. Actually these tools helps in reducing the time consuming and costly manual testing process.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Sachin it was good to know about the tool. But could you kindly give some more information about CR tools also called as Capture-and-Replay Tools.

Answers

may i know what r the cr tools

Answers

Hi, fyi... Almost all the functional automation tools which we commonly use are called capture and replay tools such qtp, load runner, win runner, rational suite etc. These are called capture and replay tools because we can use this tool to cature/record our own actions in form of keyboard strokes and mouse movements i.e., expected actions/expected output and then we can play back the tool for the same file which we have recorded to see our actual results/actual output. The expected output and the actual outputs are then compared when playing back and the test results are generally stored in the form of a test results window which pops up after the tool has finished playing back the script. The errors can be seen in this test results window and can be debugged accordingly. Every automation tool has more or less it's own scripting language which you need to be aware of while doing the automation. However automation scripts written in the form of .net, vb, java can also be integrated with most of the automation tools. Hope this is useful for you. Thanks, nikhar