Thread: Comment servers in script

Geek_Guest

Comment servers in script

Hi friends,

Actually, I have recorded the script using Vugen 9.1 in Off shore.While recording some sites has been blocked in my company. When we run these scripts in controller which is in onsite we are getting error as" unable to connect the server which is blocked by our company". Then client told that to comment those servers in the script. I tried in so many ways I am unable to get that.Is there any exception mechanism in load runner to skip that particular server?
    Please help me ASAP.

Question asked by visitor praveen kumar.p

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Comment servers in script

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are trying to do. Why not record a script in the test environment so that it can be replayed in the Controller?

I have seen people parameterize the server name in the URLs such as
    web_url("stepN",
    "URL=http://{server}/cgi_bin/doAction.do",
    ...);

As for exception handling, every single web_url or web_submit_data, etc. returns either LR_PASS or LR_FAIL. You can always check to see what the step returns and then decide what to do. You will need to turn on Continue on Error if you are to go in this direction.

Good Luck!