Thread: Load test on SAP

Answers

Load test on SAP

Can someone tell me if anyone have worked on loadrunner with SAP.

If so , can i get any document to start with.. with some screenshots.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Load test on SAP

Are you loadtesting a SAP web portal or a SAP R/3 server directly using a SAP Login client?

Answers

Hi,
    I am going to use Loadrunner on SAP R/3, BI and APO..

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by niharika340 View Post
    Can someone tell me if anyone have worked on loadrunner with SAP.

If so , can i get any document to start with.. with some screenshots.
    I have worked on several high profile ERP Performance projects with Fort 500 Companies. The fact that you could not find that data yourself means that you and whatever company you work for EPICALLY FAILED. Gotta love penny stock companies.

Answers

any body having scripts in testing the sap in loadrunner could u please post ASAP that would be a great help from ur side

Thanks

Contributing Member
    Answers

There is no sample scripts . Refer to Manuals for environment settings for SAP web or SAP GUI protocol. If you tell me your issue maybe you will get a solution.

Answers

Hi, i'm at present working on load runner sap to get you started i have few suggesstions fro you. Decide what are testing first sap (web) or sap gui two types of protocols available for scripting in vugen. Decide the platform on which you are testing!!!! (very imp if teh number users being tested exceeds 150, as sap is a very resource intensive application) i cannot provide you any screen shots as im in between the phase... Best of luck with the testing... Akshay mihir

Answers

Let me know what exacltly you want to do with SAP scripting i will help you out...

Answers

Further updates:
    While running the test you can check the transactions that you have run from sap with t-code st03 or st03n.
    do the work load analysis before you start the load test. so that you can have a clear picture of what has to be done.
    And further run the vusers as thread not as process (check run-time settings).
    Each vusers of sap takes about 7mb of memory when you run them as thread. calculate accordingly the peak load that you are testing. and make sure that you have the infrastucture need to test!!!!!!