Thread: About Load generator

Contributing Member
    Answers

About Load generator

Hi, I installed LR8.1 in a windows XP system, i want to know whether for a single system we can have only one load generator or we can create more than one load generator.

Expert Member
    Answers

Smile Re: About Load generator

Hi Balaji,

We can definitely have more than one Load Generators for a single system.
    Since Load generators are only trying to simluate specified number of virtual users on the Application under Test, we could distribute them to different machines to act as Load generators.

But you would be having only one controller.

Cheers.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: About Load generator

Quote Originally Posted by bizzzzzare View Post
    Hi Balaji,

We can definitely have more than one Load Generators for a single system.
    Since Load generators are only trying to simluate specified number of virtual users on the Application under Test, we could distribute them to different machines to act as Load generators.

But you would be having only one controller.

Cheers.
    Hi bizzzare, how can i distribute load generator separately to different machines, since i am new to load runner.
    please explain me

Expert Member
    Answers

Smile Re: About Load generator

Hey Balaji,

You can go to Scenario settings.... You will find LoadGenerators listed there.
    Click on Add and list down the IP address of the machine you wish to add as Loadgenerator.

You can add as many machines as you need. Once done, click on connect to establish connection with those machines.

Also you can distribute load as the number of vusers on each machine. Specify the quantity to be loaded from each generator.

let me know incase of any issues....

Cheers.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: About Load generator

Quote Originally Posted by bizzzzzare View Post
    Hey Balaji,

You can go to Scenario settings.... You will find LoadGenerators listed there.
    Click on Add and list down the IP address of the machine you wish to add as Loadgenerator.

You can add as many machines as you need. Once done, click on connect to establish connection with those machines.

Also you can distribute load as the number of vusers on each machine. Specify the quantity to be loaded from each generator.

let me know incase of any issues....

Cheers.
    i got it, thank u bizarre