Thread: Install Diagnostics in SAP Environment

Answers

Install Diagnostics in SAP Environment

Hi All,

I am getting into a SAP project, where i need to test the Performance ( Load/Stress) by using Loadrunner Diagnostics.. As i have never worked on this, i have few questions..
    Can Someone help me !!!...in this aspect..

Questions..

1. What is the Major Difference Between Loadrunner and Mercury Diagnostics for LR.?
    2. What is the Current Version going on in the market..especially for SAP Environment.?
    3. Can you explain in simple terms, how to install Loadrunner in Network Environment..

In Simple steps, u can tell me, install LR Controller on Host Machine and Load generators on Other Machines etc etc..

After this, how do we Install Diagnostics for LR in SAP Environment..

I appreciate your answers..

Thanks
    Niharika.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Install Diagnostics in SAP Environment

First, if you have never used either LoadRunner or Mercury Diagnostics, you are going to have to hardest time performing these tasks as these are very difficult peices of software that require difficult setup.

1)Mercury LoadRunner is used to creating the tests and executing the test. Mercury Diagnostics is used for Monitoring an application running on an application server. It is used to gather very low level information to help you understand exactly where the bottlenecks are at a method call level. Mercury Diagnostics can be used with either LoadRUnner of BAC to monitor the server(s).

2)The latest version of LR is 9.0. The latest version of Mercury Diagnostics, I believe, is 7.0

3)The best practice, that I've found, is to install a controller on a machine that any number of people can RDP into. It is also helpful to have some sort of Repository for scripts, scenarios, and results. Quality Center is a good tools for this.
    Each user should have their own VuGen installation.
    LoadGenerators should be placed in locations where actual customers are using it. If in different parts of the country is realistically what will happen in a real life situation, this is how the LG setup should be.