Thread: Market for Database testing

Answers

Market for Database testing

Hi,

I am Chithra.
    I am into testing field from past 3 years.
    I have been doing manual testing all these days and wanted to know how good the market is in the Database testing.
    I have no idea about database testing.
    I wanted to take a start in this area.
    Hence i like to know how useful is the database testing to build my career and useful it it in the market.
    Please let me know the pre requisites to start up with database testing.

Regards,
    Chithra

Answers

Re: Market for Database testing

AS you are already into the same field it should not be a problem for you to migrate from one branch to the other. Talking of market requirments , i would say there is a good demand for database testers. the basic requirment for this is good knowledge of database / RDBMS concepts.

Expert Member
    Answers

Thumbs up Re: Market for Database testing

Hi Chitra,

It is very true that market for Database testing is really good nowadays.

As far as DB Testing goes, you would definitely require a good expertise in SQL, PL/SQL and Database concepts. By saying DB Concepts I do not mean Normalization and stuff but basic DB concepts like what Joins, Sequence, View are; stuff like procedures and functions etc.

Db testing can primarily deal with certain responsibilities like -

1) Extracting values from specified tables and comparing them against
    expected action outputs.
    2) Comparing DB - Table values for 2 environments like QA and PROD maybe.
    3) Validating data input to tables at the end of specified operations

I would emphasize on the first 2 points coz those are the activites performed generally in DB testing. Let me know if this helps.

Cheers.