Thread: Planning to shift to Testing

Geek_Guest

Planning to shift to Testing

Hi, I have completed my BSc (Maths, Physics, Chemistry) in 2005. I am working for a top MNC from 2 years. It involves working on Vignette tool, creation of HTML pages using vignette tool. I am planning to shift to Testing as i do not have any programming background. I was very confused as some people were asking to move to development and some say testing is good for people without IT background. Please advice.

Question asked by visitor sidhureddy

Answers

Re: Planning to shift to Testing

It depends on you which way you want to go?

Both are good and best if you are master of your field.

if you can't prove yourself, then you will always be a loser, doesn't matter whether you are a Prime minister or a common man, you have to prove yourself. .

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji

Answers

Don't get biased by what others say. You are the person who knows best ,what you know what not. If you are not having any programming skills don't think that testing is the job for you. Testing is too vast . I strongly believe people in IT should have IT background.

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Geek_Guest View Post
    Hi, I have completed my BSc (Maths, Physics, Chemistry) in 2005. I am working for a top MNC from 2 years. It involves working on Vignette tool, creation of HTML pages using vignette tool. I am planning to shift to Testing as i do not have any programming background. I was very confused as some people were asking to move to development and some say testing is good for people without IT background. Please advice.

Question asked by visitor sidhureddy
    Hi i'm satya
    i'm new to this site and saw ur post..i want to know about vignette tool
    can u just tell how that tool works...i worked on CMS but its a inhouse tool so i wanna know about vignette..can u plzz reply me as soon as possible plzzz

thank you

Answers

If you feel you are not getting into the programming or coding try to learn it. Then also if you feel its not getting into dont worry just throw that away and get into to Software Testing. But remember getting a job for a fresher into Software Testing is quite difficult