Thread: Am I a fresher or not

Answers

Am I a fresher or not

I am BE(EC) graduate. I finished my degree in 2003. I dont have IT experience. Currently doing software testing course. I want to know am i a fresher or not?

Answers

Re: Am I a fresher or not

No ,you are not. You are not doing any job does not mean you are fresher. freshers are those who are fresh out of the college . Once the next batch is out of college,you will not be considered as a fresher anymore.

Answers

No, sure tha you are not.
    May be I am.Cause I'm from a place where the Informatic sicience is not so developed, and I'have finnished my studies in informatic siciense, one year before and I'm doing nothing.I'don't know where to begin I've read these time obout Oracle, and SQL.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Degree in 2003????

where were you for all these years ???

Contributing Member
    Answers

U r not a fresher anymore. I think u have wasted my years. As ur learning the software courses now , be strong in the fundamentals and also do the practice well.This is really a tought time for u.
    Hope u get a good job soon.

All the best

Answers

Hi

I think there are lots of people in such a situation, due to various reasons.
    I, myself am of trying to get back into IT field after a long gap.

It would be useful if someone start a group/forum for such candidates, how to get back to mainstream and similar ideas.

--------

As per me,

1) keep in touch with basics as well as current trends in IT field, take some rigorous training and get placed in some in-house projects or so, gain little experience and then try for some moderate level companies. The way you

But the essential point to bear in mind is...
    2) we need to be "Confident" enough to face interviews and also to communicate. confidence comes from Knowledge and practice.

3)Turn your negatives into positive. Think positive...Some of us must have wasted or not utilized all these years in the direction of setting career, but "Its never too late" and think of all those years ahead(about 25-30 years from now) that we could make use of after a year or so struggle in some small/new job.

Hope it helps

-------

I request all those who are in this phase or who passed this phase and got settled and all others who want to help, to post their valuable suggestions, career-oriented and useful links, to keep pace with the present-day competition.

Good luck