Thread: Will I be eligible to get into a Post of "Business Analyst"

Geek_Guest

Will I be eligible to get into a Post of "Business Analyst"

Hello sir ,

Myself an MBA student Pursuing My 2nd year (i.e, 3rd sem MBA ). My question is, will i be eligible to get into a Post of "Business Analyst" As my back ground is Basically in Management BBM ( Bachlor of Business Mgmt) i have 1year of Experince in HR filed. will my specialization in Marketing&HR is Better or Marketing& Finance .

waiting for your reply
    Thanking your
    yours faithfully
    shiva Kumar
    Note : what would you suggest if have get into postion as Business Analyst

Question asked by visitor shiva Kumar

Answers

Re: Will I be eligible to get into a Post of "Business Analyst"

Yes why not,and so far as comparision is concerned as you are into HR go for Marketing & HR .

Answers

Re: Will I be eligible to get into a Post of "Business Analyst"

I am not sure how you are interpreting the meaning of 'Business Analyst" post.

Though the 2 words 'Business Analyst' seems to be easy to hear or to see, in real world the role is a 'solution provider with certain level of expert knowledge in one or more Business Domains. Best example is Interior Decorators or Movie Writer. Typically you will be working with customers, understand their requirements, architect the solution, get 'buying' from the customer for the solution developed, work with team to develop the solution, finally deliver the product as per the expectation of cutsomer. In this role you should have considerable business knowledge/ technical knowledge, lot of patience and be a good team player.

So basing on the above now map your current skills and come up with GAP analysis (Skills what you have now and what needs to acquire) and work on the one you do not have and start working as an analyst in the real world. Related School Education is a nice to have, but real Business experience is must.

Hope this helps and good luck.