Thread: What kind of role I can choose in the software industry

Geek_Guest

What kind of role I can choose in the software industry

Hi,

It is overwhelming that this web site offers so many helps in various sections. I am working as a Sr. Lecturer, in computer department, in an engg. college near chennai for about 8 years. Now I would like to change my career and enter into the software/information technology field. Kindly advice me of my plans , is it possible? is it feasible? what kind of role I can choose in the software industry?
    Thank you

Question asked by visitor Balaji Sah

Answers

Re: What kind of role I can choose in the software industry

The first and foremost thing i want to tell you that your teaching exp will not be counted if you are looking for development side but your knowledge will certainly be counted. You can also try for corporate trainers in soem good company as you are having vast exp in the field, and by that you can also earn good amount.

Answers

Re: What kind of role I can choose in the software industry

Excellent, I am seeing you as a good fit in the IT Process areas. Take a look about Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) area and get some certifications. Try to work in IT industries on one or 2 of these areas. Once after gaining some real time experience you can leverage your teaching skills in terms of training. Another area is Project Management (it is challenging but you can do that) as you have people (student) management skills