Thread: I am using IssueView as a bug tracking tool

Answers

I am using IssueView as a bug tracking tool

I am using IssueView as a bug tracking tool. Whenever, I mention this on my CV, everyone say that they have heard this tool for the first time. What are the standard defect tracking tools being used in software companies.

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: I am using IssueView as a bug tracking tool

Hi,

Well this does happen in most of the companies since not all companies can afford licensing of standard bug tracking tools like JIRA or a Test Management tool like Quality Center.

Quality Center has Defect tracking and Reporting embedded in it as a tab part.

Other Standard tools that are used more often are Bugzilla, JIRA, Rational ClearQuest, TeamTrack etc.

As in your case, whenver you mention IssueView and other person expresses their view saying they have heard of it for the first time, explain in detail the features and working of the tool. As far as I know the licensing cost of Issueview is pretty affordable as compared to big names. Also IssueView offers unlimited users for a fixed amount.

It might so happen that based on the utility of the tool, the team might decide to go for the same.

Cheers.....