Thread: VuGen - writing to database...

Answers

VuGen - writing to database...

I'm in trouble.

I've been given this assignment and I don't know ANYTHING about VuGen and not much about databases.

The assignment is basically this (edited for company security)...

"Need to have the 8 gui validations that were included in the ***** duplicated, (checking every 10 mins), and report status to the em oracle database, (indicating level of test, Gui name, url, user name, status, response time), indicate point of failure ( login, data validation).

Fields required for updated

Level of test - (ex. lvl2)
    Gui Name - (ex. DRS_RDA)
    Url - (ex. http://****)
    User Name - (ex. User Id used to login)
    Status - (ex. 0=Passed 1=Failed)
    Response Time - (ex. Total time for login and validation)
    Point of Failure - (ex. Null/Login/DataValidation)
    Last Update - (ex. Update date/time)
    Purge Flag - (ex. A/P)

The Purge Flag for the tested gui will need to be updated to P for purge prior to new insertion.
    Need to support L2,L3,L4, L5 and L6 GUI testing
    Need to support different GUI validation per level of test (Ex. L4 may not have the same gui validation, and L5/6 will be a production version)
    Update status of each GUI every 10-15 minutes
    Must support Unification of DRS hardware (AS hardware working as level 2 and 3 environment)
    Able to turn off/on status chk based on Level of test independently "

I was also given the database host, port and service_name, and table_name information.

Can someone at least point me in the right direction? I'm a deer in headlights right now and I don't know where to start.

Thanks so much. Please feel free to email me at tomgrow AT gmail DOT com

Banned
    Answers

Re: VuGen - writing to database...

add transaction statements to obtain transaction timings for each screen in the GUI.
    Add display values to aid debugging.
    Add verification checkpoints to detect whether the intended text or image is displayed after each script action.
    Parametize hard-coded URLs, user id, passwords, and other variable data by inserting in its place a new parameter such as a Date/Time stamp and entire files obtained dynamically so that the script can dynamically replace parameters to simulate use of different data during a run.
    Add retry logic to handle forseeable errors.
    Add randomizers to vary script action to mimic real life loads.
    Add if/else logic to check results and take appropriate action and exit the script when appropriate.
    Add statements to capture data in one screen for use in another command. This is needed to prevent chronic "script timout" errors and when working with web apps using Microsoft .NET web forms technology.
    Add statements to call functions in external run libraries to save and retrieve data from an in-memory Virtual Table Server.
    Handle XML.
    Add statements to emulate Javascript issued from clients.
    Add statements to manage time-out.
    Calculate & subtract Wasted Time from transaction timers
    Output Logs.
    Add Rendezvous points
    Add Timings

Answers

Re: VuGen - writing to database...

i am new to load runner,i have notes to study,bu i don't have s/w to practice,can any body able to help plz...........