Thread: Do we have to register all of Custom Schema tables

Geek_Guest

Do we have to register all of Custom Schema tables

When Custom schema is created we create tables in the custom schema, do we have to register all of these tables with ad_dd package in apps schema or only flex field related tables should be registered?

Question asked by visitor Ramakrishna Regalla

Re: Do we have to register all of Custom Schema tables

Hi Ramakrishna,

I think if u r using flexfields or Alerts on the table then only u should register in AD_DD package...
    Else the normal procedure is Create a Table in Custom schema and create synonym for that in Apps schema..
    Correct me If I am wrong and reply me at siddharth DOT shah AT atosorigin DOT com

Cheers,
    Siddharth.

Answers

Re: Do we have to register all of Custom Schema tables

Quote Originally Posted by siddharth.antaryami View Post
    Hi Ramakrishna,

I think if u r using flexfields or Alerts on the table then only u should register in AD_DD package...
    Else the normal procedure is Create a Table in Custom schema and create synonym for that in Apps schema..
    Correct me If I am wrong and reply me at siddharth DOT shah AT atosorigin DOT com

Cheers,
    Siddharth.
    Sid u r almost correct.Actually the need of registering any table into apps is that we are doing something on that like creating a form,creating a flexfeild or alerts.then we must register it thru ad_dd package into apps. Since apps provide the integration of all modules so it is required to be done..i believe tohether we hav answered it correct..keep in touch if u find something wrong or wana suggest me something more than that.
    Amit Bhatnagar
    ab.oracle.apps @ gmail . com