Thread: Where we have to go for Siebel Scripting

Answers

Where we have to go for Siebel Scripting

Does Siebel recommend Scripting? why every comp asks for Siebel Scripting? Can you pupil tell me where we have to go for Siebel Scripting? Can everything can be done in Configuration if not can you give me some senarios, pls?

Answers

Re: Where we have to go for Siebel Scripting

the scenarios which cant be done by configuration can be done by scripting.siebel doesnt recommend scripting but as per client's requirement we should use scripting that cant be done by configuration.both VB script or Siebel escript can be used.

Answers

Arrow Re: Where we have to go for Siebel Scripting

As per my understanding..... if i'm not wrong...!!! Actions/events that can be done through configuration change can be acheived through scripting too. At the same time the conditional events [the event that should happen once the condition met] can be effectively handled in scripting. Also the controls of application can be handled more effectively via scripting.

This is one of the scenario where we go for Scripting. There are many like this that will make a long list .

Anyone... if i'm wrong, please correct me .