Thread: Configuration Management Tool

Contributing Member
    Answers

Configuration Management Tool

Can someone tell me in an organization who uses configuration management tools and also it would be nice if you could tell me the use of these tools.

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Configuration Management Tool

The main use of the Configuration Management Tools is to control the access of project files to various levels of users. It is mainly used by managers to control the access and thereby maintain integrity in project. But I want to know about various configuration management tools available.

Contributing Member
    Answers

There are various testing Configuration Management Tools available. The one I am aware of is Visual Source Safe. I hope someone would list some more tools for us.

Answers

it is a process in which one will perform two tasks
    change control: the corresponding documents are updated whenever some changes are made to the application inorder to keep the documents on the application and insink with each other at any point of time.

version control:

one will maintain the naming conventions and version numbers

the company s mainly use two types of tools

visual surce safe
    concurrent version system.

Expert Member
    Answers

can any one give more information regarding the usage of these tools?