Thread: I am interested in Testing, Can anyone guide me

Answers

I am interested in Testing, Can anyone guide me

I am Khaja. I am new to this group. I was working in Datawarehousing for 2.7 years. But I didnt get an good exposure in that Datawarehousing. I am interested in Testing and I have planned to Work in Testing field. In my previous Project I have worked in Database testing, Testing a Web Application, ETL product testing. I know Oracle Database.

The thing is As I am new to this testing field. Can anyone guide me whether there is a need for me to do some testing courses or some courses in Automated tools? Or Self learning is enough?

Can Anyone guide me with some testing tutorials. I have to shine in this field. So, what all the steps I have to follow to shine in Testing field?

If I want to search a job with the Testing experience? What are the Questions asked in Interview panel? What knoweldge should I have to face the interview? Can Anyone guide me in this? Please do the needful for me..

Whether there is a need for knowing any Programming language?

Waiting for your response

Thanks and Regards,
    Khaja

Answers

Re: I am interested in Testing, Can anyone guide me

Quote Originally Posted by Khajam View Post
    Can anyone guide me whether there is a need for me to do some testing courses or some courses in Automated tools? Or Self learning is enough?

Can Anyone guide me with some testing tutorials. I have to shine in this field. So, what all the steps I have to follow to shine in Testing field?

If I want to search a job with the Testing experience? What are the Questions asked in Interview panel? What knoweldge should I have to face the interview? Can Anyone guide me in this? Please do the needful for me..

Whether there is a need for knowing any Programming language?

Waiting for your response

Thanks and Regards,
    Khaja
    Dear khaja,

You may do testing course for automated testing.As you told that you have already done database and web testing.So, you can polish yourself by doing self study.
    As you ask for interview questions, I think no one can ask more than testing questions available here on geekinterview.com.Still you can keep yourself updated by daily search here.

as per Programming language , there is no any hard and fast requirement, still better if you are familiar with Programming language in which project has been developed, to which you will test later.

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji