Thread: Testing Process & Testing Methodologies

Expert Member
    Answers

Types of Test methods

What is test methods & types of test methods?

Note : This is the question asked by a visitor Irfan.I am posting this in proper forum.

Last edited by jainbrijesh; 06-08-2007 at 06:50 AM.

Contributing Member
    Answers
    There are three methods in Black Box Testing:
    1. Usability testing : Generally the black box testing process starts with usability testing. During this testing we are validating whether the application is user friendlyness of build screens. The coverages in this testing are following:
    [a]User interface testing : During this coverage we are verifying
    a. whether all screens in the application are easy to understand
    b. Whether each & every screen is attractive for looking.
    c. Whether the application has less no of events to complete task.
    [b]Manual Support testing : Whether our application has help documents which are in context sensitive.

2. Funactional Testing : To validate whether our application meets the customer requirements. During this testing we observe below coverages.
    [a] Functionality Testing : To validate correctness of every functionality.
    [b]Input domain Testing : To validate type & size of every input object
    [c]Inter System Testing : To validate Whether our application is coexisting with other applications to share common resources.
    [d]comapatability Testing: Whether our application is run on customer expected platforms.
    [e]configeration Testing : Whether apllication is running on different technology hardware designs or not?
    [f]sanitation Testing : To finding extra functionalities in application w.r.t customer requirements.
    [g]parellel Testing: To find strengths & weekness of our application and compare with previous projects or similar products developed by other companies.
    [h]Security Testing : To validate whether user is authorised to connect application and whether valid users have permissions to use application.
    [i]Recovery Testing: To validate whether application is changing abnormal state to normal state

3. Performance Testing : Testing people are conducting performance testing to estimate speed of processing.
    This performance testing is classified into below subtests:
    [a]Load testing : The execution of build under customer expected configeration and customer expected load to estimate performance.
    [b]Stress testing : The execution of build under customer expected configeration and various load to estimate performance.
    [c]Data Volume testing : To estimate peak limit of storage in terms of number of records.
    [d]Storage testing : To estimate peak limit of storage in terms of bytes.

Last edited by jainbrijesh; 06-08-2007 at 06:45 AM.

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Types of Test methods

good answer ....

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Types of Test methods

Hi bvani,
    Thanku

Answers

structured test methods and processes

Could anyone let me know what are structured test methods and processes.

I was asked in an interview about this.

cheers
    bobby

Answers

Re: structured test methods and processes

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybindaas View Post
    Could anyone let me know what are structured test methods and processes.

I was asked in an interview about this.

cheers
    bobby
    As i know, they were asking about white box testing methods.

Because structured testing is white box testing.

correct me if i am wrong...

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji

Answers

Even I'm not sure brijesh.I tought the same but for a tester what is the point in knowing about white box methods and process.

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybindaas View Post
    Even I'm not sure brijesh.I tought the same but for a tester what is the point in knowing about white box methods and process.
    May be interviewer wants to put up questions on cyclomatric complexity which is part of white box testing, or the interviewer is the developer.

see you use white box technique or not but you should have the knowledge(overview), you should ready for every situation.

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain

Contributing Member
    Answers

Testing Process & Testing Methodologies

Hi
    Frds

Can anybody tell me about How do describe testing process and testing methodologies?

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Testing Process & Testing Methodologies

Testing process is followed differently in diff. Organization. It is follows as : test plan design and document test cases execute test cases evaluate test results bug reporting regression testing. Testing methodologies means which technique u r using for design test cases such as bva ecp ceg. Testing methodologies also means which development model u r using for developing software application. V model waterfall model etc. If rectify me also if i found wrong.

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bharathi_ark View Post
    Hi
    Frds

Can anybody tell me about How do describe testing process and testing methodologies?
    Dear bharathi,

I want to know how you will differentiate "testing methods and testing methodologies?"

Because as I know it's same and even you have answered it earlier.

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain

Answers

thank you very much...

Answers

could you please tell me what type of testing handled by Oracle 10g database

Answers

Smile Re: Testing Process & Testing Methodologies

hi kumesh
    i have recently join the site as i have start to doing the software testing course..i am very new to this even though i am in IT quite a long time..Please accept my apologize not be able to answer your question...hopefully it will be very soon for me to answer many questions..take care...

Answers

Thumbs up Re: Types of Test methods

Quote Originally Posted by JobHelper View Post
    What is test methods & types of test methods?

Note : This is the question asked by a visitor Irfan. I am posting this in proper forum.
    Hi,
    The below link may Help you find all your Queries.
    www . softwareqatest . com/qatfaq1 . html#FAQ1_2

Man this is a typical Defination of Software Testing:

Testing involves operation of a system or application under controlled conditions and evaluating the results (eg, 'if the user is in interface A of the application while using hardware B, and does C, then D should happen'). The controlled conditions should include both normal and abnormal conditions. Testing should intentionally attempt to make things go wrong to determine if things happen when they shouldn't or things don't happen when they should. It is oriented to 'detection'. (See the Bookstore section's 'Software Testing' category for a list of useful books on Software Testing.)

Organizations vary considerably in how they assign responsibility for QA and testing. Sometimes they're the combined responsibility of one group or individual. Also common are project teams that include a mix of testers and developers who work closely together, with overall QA processes monitored by project managers. It will depend on what best fits an organization's size and business structure.

As of METHODS There are Many You Can Find Their.

I hope this will Do your job!!!!!!!!!