Thread: Shift over from Technical Writing to full time testing

Geek_Guest

Shift over from Technical Writing to full time testing

Hi,
    I have 3 yrs of exp in technical writing and I am in my second concern. In my first concern I was doing both technical writing job and Software testing and few testing jobs in my second concern.

Can you pls tell me how to shift over to full time testing in a new concern. My designation is given as Technical Writer in my last concern as well in the current. My appointment letter also contains the designation as Technical writer.

I have better knowledge in Software Testing.

Regards,
    Durai.

Question asked by visitor Durai

Answers

Re: Shift over from Technical Writing to full time testing

Quote Originally Posted by Geek_Guest View Post
    Hi,
    I have 3 yrs of exp in technical writing and I am in my second concern. In my first concern I was doing both technical writing job and Software testing and few testing jobs in my second concern.

Can you pls tell me how to shift over to full time testing in a new concern. My designation is given as Technical Writer in my last concern as well in the current. My appointment letter also contains the designation as Technical writer.

I have better knowledge in Software Testing.

Regards,
    Durai.

Question asked by visitor Durai
    If you have the knowledge of software testing, then you should talk to your HR about it, that you want to switch for testing completely.And if you don't get the positive response, the only way is that give interview in other companies as fresher in testing, but you should show you technical writing exp. and should tell about testing you have performed during your technical writing job.I hope, you will selected as testing trainee, which later confirm you as a software tester.

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji