Thread: QTP is not recording what I type

Answers

QTP is not recording what I type

I am automating a web based application. In one of the screens there is a object of type long string. When i create a checkpoint it shows as browser("create new tr in gqac/audit_2").page("create new tr in gqac/audit").frame("pr").activex("dhtml edit control safe").page("page_2").webelement("webelement").check (checkpoint("webelement_12")). The issue is it is a mandatory field, i need to type something to go further. Qtp is not recording what i type in this object due to which i am not able to proceed further. Any help is appreciated.

Re: QTP is not recording what I type

I'm not sure if I entirely understand your question. Where do you want to enter the data? You have entered a Checkpoint to check if that particular WebElement exists. So why do you want to enter data into that Checkpoint? What data do you want to enter? Do you want to create a regex for the Checkpoint?