Thread: Basic steps to load linux OS

Geek_Guest

Basic steps to load linux OS

I want to load Linux operating system! What are the basic steps to load linux OS?

Question asked by visitor bvenugopal

Answers

Arrow Re: Basic steps to load linux OS

For Uploading of the Linux , u have to check 1st check Hard ware, whether is compatible or not, bacause

1) Check to see if you have enough space on your hard drive to install Linux. 2) It is preferable for this to be unpartitioned space. To give you an idea of how much space you will need, here is a list of the installation choices and how much space they take up:

a) GNOME Workstation—850MB
    b) KDE Workstation—850MB
    c) Server—1.7GB
    d) Custom (Choosing Everything)—2.0GB

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Basic steps to load linux OS

If you just need to tryout things, I suggest use UBUNTU. It is by far the best Linux OS. If you download this CD, it can act as a live CD as well as an installation disk.

So, tryout the disk in Live mode, if you like it you can install. ibdeore has explained the size details accuratly. It would be adivisible to have around 5GB hard disk to have full installation of the OS.

Cheers!
    Kalayama

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]"If you are not living on the edge of your life, you are wasting space"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Someone says "Impossible is nothing". The man next him says "Let me see you licking your elbow tip!"